In This Article
- 1 Books on Finding Inner Peace
- 1.1 1. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- 1.2 2. The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- 1.3 3. The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh
- 1.4 4. Happiness: A Guide to Developing Life’s Most Important Skill by Matthieu Richard
- 1.5 5. When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron
- 1.6 6. The Wisdom of Insecurity by Alan Watts
- 1.7 7. The Zen Commandments by Dean Sluyter
- 1.8 8. The Dalai Lama’s Little Book Of Inner Peace: The Essential Life And Teachings by Dalai Lama
- 1.9 9. The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson
- 1.10 10. The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life by Deepak Chopra
- 1.11 11. Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
- 1.12 12. The Book of Questions by Pablo Neruda
- 1.13 13. Jonathan Livingston Seagull: The Complete Edition by Richard Bach
- 1.14 14. The Pearl by John Steinbeck
- 1.15 15. Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert
- 1.16 16. The Tao of Inner Peace by Diane Dreher
- 1.17 17. Little Book of Inner Peace by Ashley Davis Bush
- 1.18 18. The Practice by Barb Schmidt
- 1.19 19. Steps to Finding Inner Peace and Happiness: How to Find Peace and Happiness within Yourself and Live Freely by Mike McCallister
- 1.20 20. 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- 2 Conclusion
Finding inner peace is one of the biggest goals we seek to achieve as humans, this is because life has a way of turning things from good to bad pretty fast, no matter what we do to prevent it from happening. Be it our relationships, work, families, friends, colleagues, loved ones, or even strangers, something always goes crazy at some point. It has been proven that the art of reading has its calmness and peace benefits, books also serve as answer holders to whatever questions you might have. This is why I have put together 20 books on finding your inner peace. In this article, you will have access to books on finding your inner peace, which would help you in achieving calmness, peace, and harmony.
Books on Finding Inner Peace
1. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
This is a fable of a poor Andalusian shepherd who sets off on a journey to find the world’s greatest treasures. However, he finds fear, suffering, truth, inspiration, strength, wisdom and so much more instead.
The Alchemist is an enlightening story about accepting yourself and following your dreams, which would help you overcome your fears and find some peace of mind.
2. The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
Brene Brown in her book explains that self-worth is one of the cornerstones of inner peace. She asserts that if we don’t accept and love ourselves, imperfections and all, it is nearly impossible to be truly happy. The author also explores the importance of overcoming paralyzing fear and self-consciousness.
In addition, she also provides ten guideposts on how to be true to ourselves and embrace our flaws to live a perfectly imperfect life.
Get The Gifts of Imperfection Now
3. The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh
This is another book on finding your inner peace where Thich Nhat Hanh offers practical advice on how to bring mindfulness into your daily life.
The author describes the importance of mindfulness and also explains that your daily activities can be a form of meditation. You should read the Miracle of Mindfulness if you are struggling to find your inner peace.
4. Happiness: A Guide to Developing Life’s Most Important Skill by Matthieu Richard
Matthieu Richard is a French scientist turned Buddhist monk. He explains in his book how happiness is not just an emotion but a skill that can be developed. He provides simple exercises that will train the mind to concentrate on the important things in life. This would help an individual dedicate energy towards being happy.
5. When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron
Pema Chodron in this book illustrates how there is potential happiness even in the most painful circumstances. She explains how to use pain to develop wisdom, compassion and courage, openness in communication and how to reverse our negative patterns.
It is definitely a must-read for all seeking inner peace.
6. The Wisdom of Insecurity by Alan Watts
Alan Watts combines both Eastern philosophy and Western religion to explore man’s quest for psychological security in this bestseller. He explains that we live in a near-constant state of dissatisfaction and anxiety, and crave security which is both impossible and undesirable.
Alan Watts believes that the road to inner peace lies in embracing the present instead of anticipating the future or lamenting the past.
7. The Zen Commandments by Dean Sluyter
Sluyter draws inspiration from Dalai Lama and Bob Dylan to Monty Python and the Wizard of Oz to put together 10 Zen commandments for achieving inner peace. Some of his 10 Zen commandments includes letting go, practicing greater kindness and compassion, freeing yourself from labels and limitations, and laughing deeply.
8. The Dalai Lama’s Little Book Of Inner Peace: The Essential Life And Teachings by Dalai Lama
This book provides an insight into Dalai Lama’s early life and the personal and political struggles that shaped his understanding of the world. He explains how important things like praise and blame affect our lives. This is because we let them, and also how we can control our minds by asking ourselves important questions like “who am I?”
This book on finding your inner peace also explains how important peace is in changing the world. By the way, you should also check out these 50 questions to know yourself better.
9. The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson
In this book, Manson argues that we have a limited number of ‘fucks’ to give in our lives and what we concentrate on determines our happiness. Manson with the use of real-life examples, personal anecdotes, and his trademark humour provides a completely non-conventional way on how to achieve inner peace.
10. The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life by Deepak Chopra
Deepak Chopra in his book explains that the only way to fulfil your deepest hunger is by finding hidden dimensions in yourself. He shares in his book, 15 secrets to help you find inner peace and much more.
11. Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
In this book, you will find several advices on dealing with professional jealousy, breaking up, coping with the death of a child, and many more varied subjects, which will all help you find inner peace.
12. The Book of Questions by Pablo Neruda
Pablo Neruda is a poet who has an entire book of questions to help you find inner peace through deep thinking and self-exploration. This book challenges you to ask questions you might not have answers to and forces you to exist and eventually find comfort when answers are not provided for you.
13. Jonathan Livingston Seagull: The Complete Edition by Richard Bach
In order to find inner peace, you need to know where you belong in the world, and this book will help you know where you belong, which will lead to achieving inner peace. This book on finding your inner peace by Richard Bach is a tale about a seagull who decided to break the rules and fly higher than ever before.
It is a book that will inspire you to reach new and seemingly impossible heights.
14. The Pearl by John Steinbeck
This is a classic novella that might cause one to shed few tears, but it’s a worthwhile price to pay for some tranquillity of mind. The Pearl puts your fears and desires for material things to rest and proves that love and family count for so much more, and as long as you have love and family, you have it all.
15. Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert
I believe that when finding your own sense of inner peace seems hard, reading another person’s story about how they found their own, might help a lot. And if you fall under this category, Elizabeth Gilbert’s memoir is the best guide for you.
Her memoir talks about love, loss, identity, acceptance, and basically everything that defines a person’s inner peace.
16. The Tao of Inner Peace by Diane Dreher
In this book, Diane Dreher makes use of the classic Chinese spiritual guide to help people establish inner peace and thereby transform their surroundings.
Although the Tao principles are decades and even centuries old, it still serves the modern world to achieve the same result, which is the search for inner peace, thereby bringing about positive change.
17. Little Book of Inner Peace by Ashley Davis Bush
This book on finding your inner peace helps you develop the art of letting go of everyday stresses, which leads to finding inner peace.
The book highlights the benefits of mindfulness and meditation in order to express gratitude, compassion, creativity, and relaxation in our everyday life.
18. The Practice by Barb Schmidt
This book was written for those who have a busy schedule and feel they do not have adequate time to embark on the search for inner peace.
Barb Schmidt provides simple techniques that require only a few minutes a day, which will help people achieve inner peace, irrespective of their busy lives.
19. Steps to Finding Inner Peace and Happiness: How to Find Peace and Happiness within Yourself and Live Freely by Mike McCallister
In this book, you will find how to decongest your space, relationships, and mind to leave room for brighter days ahead.
20. 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
This book was written to help us reconsider what truly defines success. Dr Wayne Dyer makes use of 10 principles to help us identify our inner flame or rather our true desires, which will help us live a deeper and richer life.
These books on finding inner peace will serve as a guide for you in your quest to achieve inner peace. Leave a comment below if you find them worthwhile, or would like to share a journey about how you found your inner peace.