Quotes have this amazing power to motivate us to keep going and never stop. Whatever situation you find yourself in, there is a quote somewhere that will help you. On that note, I compiled a list of 20 quotes about personal growth you need to hear. Enjoy.
1. The only journey is the one within–Rainer Maria
This is the perfect thing to say at every start of something new. This quote is quite personal and perceptive. It is personal. It is within. It is having control of one’s choices and moments.
It is being intentional about yourself and the destination you want.
2. Be the change you want to see in the worldGandhi
This is one of the quotes about personal growth you need to hear. You must have probably read this somewhere before or even heard it multiple times, but here it is again.
If you do want to see a change in a place, you should be it first.
3. One ought to, every day at least to hear a little song, read a poem, see or take a fine picture and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I for one, if I don’t do all of these in a day, I’ve not had one.
4. Ability may take you to the top, but it takes character to stay there.William Blake
As much as your ability takes you to a greater height, what your character smells, feels, and even looks like helps you hold your stay there.
5. It is your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude.Zig Ziglar
This is true in eleven words. Some would even say attitude is beauty and I do not dispute it.
6. The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.Vince Lombardi
This is definitely one of the quotes about personal growth that you need to hear. Your will to be and to do is one of the strongest tools that you own. How do you use it? What do you do with it?
7. We are what we frequently do.Aristotle
Truer words have not been spoken. Habits make us. It is what you do that you are. It’s that simple.
8. What you do not want to be done to yourself, do not do to others.Confucius
This is also among the popular personal growth quotes you need to see. Confucius had others in mind when he said this. When you have the mindset that what you do to others is what should be done to you, you treat people better. People are essential in your growth and treating them with respect goes a long way.
9. Life is a series of problem-solving opportunities. The problems you face will either defeat you or develop you depending on how you respond to them.Rick Warren
Your perception is what defines what you know. There is a solution to problems and vice versa. Which do you pick? Which do you see? Your response is directly proportional to your personal growth.
10. Always bear in mind that our own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.Abraham Lincoln
The definer of democracy did not miss it with this one. You should know these; what you resolute is important for what you want your success to look and feel like. It is impertinent.
11. I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.William Ernest Henley
Are you looking for quotes about personal growth? This is one.
Say this every morning and watch out for how eventful your day turns out. It is invigorating to be one’s motivator and giving that tender push to your soul. Your soul will thank you for it.
12. Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still.Chinese Proverb
The problem shouldn’t be that you are growing slowly, as long as there is growth, keep going. The fear should be stagnancy.
13. You don’t have to be positive all the time, it is perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared, or anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a negative person. It makes you human.Lori Deschene
You are human and humans have emotions. You feel and that is inherent. Don’t beat yourself up when you feel the tears, annoyance, frustration, fear, and anxiety. You are right to feel these things, it doesn’t make you a negative person. As much as personal growth goes, your emotions matter too.
14. So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because that’s where you will find success. On the far side of failure.Thomas J.Watson, Sr.
My grandma says something every time I go to meet her in tears, sharing how life hurts and keeps failing me. She would pat my bag and draw me into her embrace, she would say, “ success oftentimes starts with failure”. The key is being afraid of failure, but how you handle failure. You can learn how here.
15. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.Colin Powell
The more you keep seeing the good in things, the more your thoughts propel you. One’s growth should start from the mind first of all and the unending positivity in the head pushes you to want to do more.
16. The important thing is that we must be constantly moving forward – yes, the progressive realization of a predetermined goal. And our growth should never end.– Og Mandino
I am quick to say “moving forward” in every conversation. Yes, the only movement you think of should be forward. There is only one way and that is forward.
17. We are all self-made, but only the successful can admit it.Earl Nightingale
What you make of yourself is what you are. The decisions you make are what shapes you into what you are thereby making you self-made.
There’s a movie titled self-made and it is about a woman who made herself a popular and ever-growing businesswoman by taking intentional and meticulous steps. You can make yourself too.
18. I dream my painting and then I paint my dreamVincent Van Gogh
This is thinking and doing. This is going through success twice. This is you and I opened up our minds to allow an inflow of thoughts. Vincent Van Gogh is a painter and critics of painting say that painting is an accurate depiction of one’s mind. It applies to your mind too.
19. Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.John Maxwell
Whatever you do or be is a change on its own. It is left to you to let that change be growth and let it be a choice, as it is optional.
20. Fail, learn, fail again, growJohnson Temiloluwa
In the spirit of talking about personal growth quotes, I thought of one. There are two things attached to failing, it is learning and growth. Success is on the path of these.
What do you think of these quotes about personal growth? Do you have an addition to make? Tell me in the comments box.