Hello! Our recipe today is this easy Dulce De Leche. No, no, say it again with me Dool-Say-Dee-Lay-Chay, yeah that’s about right. It means “sweet milk”. In this article, I will be teaching you how to make this recipe.
What Is Dulce De Leche?
This is a thick, brown, delicious, addicting confection that can be enjoyed on its own or used as a drip on cakes and even eaten with donuts and other pastries. This recipe when it hardens can be eaten as candy as it becomes chewy and tasty.
How to Make Dulce De Leche?
There are different ways to making this – from stovetop to microwave to oven. It all depends on your choice and resources. In this article, I’ll put you through 2 different ways to make this using condensed milk and powdered milk. Excited? I hope. Let’s get to it.
1. Dulce De Leche Recipe with Condensed Milk
This is the simplest and easiest to make as you only need just an ingredient. Just 1? Yes, just one. You get time to do other things while they are in the oven.
Ingredient for Making Dulce De Leche with Condensed Milk
- A can of condensed milk
- Get a can of condensed milk.
- Empty its content into a bowl or baking dish.
- Cover this with aluminum foil tightly.
- Put this bowl or baking dish into a bigger bowl or dish. We’ll be bathing the smaller bowl in it.
- Pour in hot water into the bigger bowl to cook.
- Place this into the oven and bake for at least an hour. The longer, the darker the paste. Yes!
- Remove from the oven, take off the foil and give a quick whisk.
- That’s it. You just made Dulce De Leche in the simplest way.
2. Dulce De Leche Recipe with Powdered Mik
This calls for attention and stirring almost all through so as to avoid burning and zero results.
Ingredients for Making Dulce De Leche with Powdered Milk
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- In a pot or pan, add milk. You could use whole milk or dissolve powdered milk in water.
- Add sugar.
- Bring this to a boil for at least an hour. Make sure you pay attention at this point.
When the milk starts to boil, it comes to the top of the pot and pours, you don’t want that. It takes time to clean the work area.
- Allow water to evaporate as you continue to cook and stir.
- This begins to caramelize, add in baking powder.
- You’ll notice bubbles immediately. This helps in thickening almost immediately.
- Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Add in a teaspoon of vanilla extract and stir.
- Allow thickening to your desire.
- Turn off heat and transfer to a container or a jar. Enjoy!
Ways to Serve
The milk caramel makes everything better. As a result, it can be spread in brownies, cookies, waffles, cakes, and pancakes.
Occasion(s) to Serve Best
This can be served with friends and families for anniversaries or even on birthdays. Use this as a filling for the cake or as a topping.
Health Benefits of Dulce De Leche
Its main ingredient constitutes milk and milk is fortified with the presence of calcium. It keeps you full and provides you with energy.
How to Store?
Simply store this in the refrigerator as it can last up to 2-3 days depending on the quantity you made.
With these simple easy steps, you can now make your Dulce De Leche at home. I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you!