About a lot of retirees have been analyzed to go bankrupt or insolvent not because they receive little or no pension at the end of their service at work, but because they failed to make the best retirement plans ahead of when they retire. So as to avoid the mistake made by other retirees, I decided to wrap my finger around my pen to put words into writing which will provide you with more benefits over other retirees.
But before I take you on a ride to on the main topic, I will like to remind you what it means to retire.
What is Retirement?
Retirement is the period after you have permanently stopped your job or profession. This literally means to pull out or withdraw from work so as to enjoy the good life and start living your dreams, and also to involve in a life well deserved rest after years of back-breaking work.
So now tell me, if you haven’t adequately planned against that time, how would you stand a chance to rest when is time for it. you would probably be forced to go labouring so as to meet up with your demands. However, this is why you need to plan ahead.
What is Retirement Planning?
Retirement planning is the financial strategies of saving, investing and ultimately the distribution of money meant to sustain one’s self during retirement.
It is also the financial strategies by setting aside enough money while in service or the middle of your career which you can actualize your goals with after retirement.
When is the Best Time to Start Planning for Retirement?
The earlier, the better. It is advisable to start making retirement plans right from the day you receive your first paycheck because it gives you enough room and the opportunity to have better planning ahead of you retire. Moreso, it enables enough accumulation of money before you get to leave service.
Reason Why You Should Start Focusing On Your Retirement Plan Now
1. Retirement Plans Prevents You From Depending Totally on Your Pension
Most employees today or company seem to forget their employers when they retire from work. Leaving lots of retirees in shabby conditions because they rely only on the stipends from their employers. But when you choose to start saving for your retirement now, your financial freedom account begins to grow. Hence you will be financially free when you eventually retire from service. Therefore makes you more in control of your destiny.
According to Brian Tracy, among one hundred people who start work at age 21, by age 65 (when they retire), one will be rich, four will be financially independent, fifteen will have some money put aside, and the other eight will still be working, broke, dependent on pension, or dead. The category you will end up in will be determined by your retirement plans and savings before you finally retired.
2. Investment Helps You Maximize Your Savings
Every investment is a risk. The risk of either you gain or lose. So therefore when you start planning your retirement at the very early stage, it gives you room to take the risk of investment. Which there is a high possibility that it might double your earnings. But when you are not lucky by gaining, it won’t affect you a great deal.
Rather, you will rest assured that you have enough time ahead compared to the risk of going into investment a few months or years to your retirement.
3. Retirement Plans Prevents You from Becoming a Burden To Your Children
A wonderful solution to not being a liability on your children is through planning your retirement by saving and investing before you can pull out from work. Though there is nothing wrong with your children taking care of you after your retirement, the best of which a good parent will pray for is to be able to cater for at least 90 per cent of their needs after service, while your children whom you have always prayed for to become successful can cater for the remaining 10 per cent.
Your retirement plan should include what you want to be after retirement, is it a burden onto your children or a financially independent parent?
4. Investment is the Fastest Route to Maintaining Your Home
A home is considered one of the most valued assets especially when it is big. So the question is how will you be able to maintain that same home you raised almost if not all of your children after you retire? Would you rather put it on sale when you can’t adequately afford its maintenance fee?
5. Have an Insurance
When you retire, you are probably not getting any younger again, and more medical attention is needed. And as we all know, age comes with increased medical expenses.
So by that time, you won’t have to worry about paying all your medical expenses by yourself alone since you already have life insurance to cover that.
it’s never too early to begin planning your retirement plan now. in fact, its advantages are notable and will be of great help to you in the future years to come. finally, what plans do you have for retirement?